Lake Nakuru National Park
Lake Nakuru National Park. The park is known for the pink sea of flamingoes that lap at the shores of the lake, rich areas of grassland, euphorbia and acacia forest, and the rocky cliffs that support myriad animals, and birds species. Sightseeing of grazing white rhinos at the southern side of the
the lake as their current known habitat, a rare glimpse of the shy black rhinos and the rare tree-climbing lions. Warthogs are all over the park. At the shores, there are waterbucks and buffaloes while the Thompsons gazelles and reedbucks are further into the bush providing a good chance to view leopards.
Around the cliff, one may catch sight of hyraxes and the birds of prey amid countless baboons. A small herd of hippos is frequently located at the northern shores of the lake. There is a better view afternoon as the sun cast a warm glow to the lake seen from atop baboon cliff.
For accommodation, most of the budget or midrange does not offer meals services. These accommodations do include;
- Makalia Falls Public campsite- It’s picturesque and is next to the seasonal Makalia falls and the best place to camp in the
- Special camp sites-Found all over the park with no facilities but offers true bush
- Backpackers’campsite- A large public campsite located at the gate of the park with good camping
- Wildlife Club of Kenya Youth Hostel- This is a friendly campsite with dorms, simple single and two-bed bandas with complete cooking areas.
- WildlifeClub of Kenya Guesthouse- Has great facilities such as the hot showers, TV lounge, kitchen fridge, gas cooker, microwave, and clean comfortable, and clean
- Eldorado Lodge-located at the Lanet park gate with overpriced rooms with a little too green pool.
- Naishi house Banda- This is a charming, very comfortable self-catering complete with lovely fireplace, sitting room and full kitchen Being located at shady Terrance one can watch the rhinos and zebra grazing at the door step.
- SarovaLion Hill Lodge- Located at the lake’s eastern slopes offering first class
This tour is offered by Adventure Maasai Mara